As Principal Investigator
Mechanisms of maintenance of species diversity in variable environments (MEDINAS).
01/2019 – 12/2021 (RTI2018-098888-A-100, €125,000). Funded by the Ministry of Science, Innovation, and Universities, and by the European Social Fund. See our iNaturalist profile where we upload many interesting insect and plant species found during field work. We have also done the effort in collaboration with radio Agora to disseminate our project. See outreaching videos here
Maintenance of species diversity and the stability of ecosystem functioning (BioFUNC).
06/2016 – 06/2018 (H2020-IF-RI-2014-661118, €170,121.60). Funded by the European Union through the program of research and innovation Horizon 2020.
Non-hierarchical competition and the maintenance of species diversity
03/2015 – 03/2016 (BES-5721-6765, €6,540) . Funded by the British Ecological Society (UK)
Competitive hierarchies and the maintenance of species diversity.
01/2014 – 08/2015 (AEET-2014-02, €2,000). Funded by the Spanish Society of Terrestrial Ecology (Spain).
-01/2022 -12/2024. (ARC-Discovery Projects Grant DP210100913) How positive interactions improve predictions of plant community diversity. Funded by the Australian Research Council. PI: Margaret M. Mayfield.
– 08/2015 – 08/2017 (Explora-Ciencia, CGL2014-61590-EXP, €60,000) Linking network structure and species coexistence. Funded by the Spanish Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness (Spain). PI: Ignasi Bartomeus
– 08/2018 – 08/2019 (Explora-Ciencia, CGL2017-92436-EXP, €40,000) Simplex models to capture the complexity of multitrophic interactions (SIMPLEX). PI: Ignasi Bartomeus, Funded by the Spanish Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness (Spain).
– 06/2016 – 05/2019 (CGL2015-70123-R, €180,000). Dehesas systems coping against global change: a multi-functional approach (DECAFUN). PI: Ignacio Pérez-Ramos, Funded by the Spanish Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness (Spain).
– 06/2016 – 05/2019 (CGL2015-65346-R, €80,000). Basic and applied aspects of the impact of invasive plants (IMPLANTIN). PI: Montserrat Vila, Funded by the Spanish Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness (Spain).
– 06/2015 – 05/2018 (CGL2014-56739-R, €120,000). Interactive effects between climate change and exotic pathogens on the biotic communities of mixed Mediterranean forest (INTERCAPA). PI: Lorena Gómez-Aparicio, Funded by the Spanish Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness (Spain).
– 09/2014 – 10/2018 (European COST Action FP1403, €522,000). Non-native tree species for European forests: Experiences, risk and opportunities (NNEXT). PI: Marcela van Loo, BOKU University (Austria), Spanish co-Member: Oscar Godoy. Funded by the EU RTD Framework Program (European Union).
– 05/2010 – 04/2013 (NSF Ecology Panel Award 0743365, $312,736). Niche and neutral controls over coexistence in a serpentine annual community. PI: Jonathan M. Levine. Funded by the National Science Foundation (USA).
– 04/2009 – 01/2013 (S2009/AMB-1783, €430,000). Restoration and conservation of ecosystems in Madrid: answers to global change (REMEDINAL). PI: Adrián Escudero. Funded by the Regional Government of Madrid.