As Principal Investigator
Mechanisms of maintenance of species diversity in variable environments (MEDINAS).
01/2019 – 12/2021 (RTI2018-098888-A-100, €125,000). Funded by the Ministry of Science, Innovation, and Universities, and by the European Social Fund.
Maintenance of species diversity and the stability of ecosystem functioning (BioFUNC).
06/2016 – 06/2018 (H2020-IF-RI-2014-661118, €170,121.60). Funded by the European Union through the program of research and innovation Horizon 2020.
Non-hierarchical competition and the maintenance of species diversity
03/2015 – 03/2016 (BES-5721-6765, €6,540) . Funded by the British Ecological Society (UK)
Competitive hierarchies and the maintenance of species diversity.
01/2014 – 08/2015 (AEET-2014-02, €2,000). Funded by the Spanish Society of Terrestrial Ecology (Spain).
– 08/2015 – 08/2017 (Explora-Ciencia, CGL2014-61590-EXP, €60,000) Linking network structure and species coexistence. Funded by the Spanish Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness (Spain).
– 08/2018 – 08/2019 (Explora-Ciencia, CGL2017-92436-EXP, €40,000) Simplex models to capture the complexity of multitrophic interactions (SIMPLEX). PI: Ignasi Bartomeus, Funded by the Spanish Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness (Spain).
– 06/2016 – 05/2019 (CGL2015-70123-R, €180,000). Dehesas systems coping against global change: a multi-functional approach (DECAFUN). PI: Ignacio Pérez-Ramos, Funded by the Spanish Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness (Spain).
– 06/2016 – 05/2019 (CGL2015-65346-R, €80,000). Basic and applied aspects of the impact of invasive plants (IMPLANTIN). PI: Montserrat Vila, Funded by the Spanish Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness (Spain).
– 06/2015 – 05/2018 (CGL2014-56739-R, €120,000). Interactive effects between climate change and exotic pathogens on the biotic communities of mixed Mediterranean forest (INTERCAPA). PI: Lorena Gómez-Aparicio, Funded by the Spanish Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness (Spain).
– 09/2014 – 10/2018 (European COST Action FP1403, €522,000). Non-native tree species for European forests: Experiences, risk and opportunities (NNEXT). PI: Marcela van Loo, BOKU University (Austria), Spanish co-Member: Oscar Godoy. Funded by the EU RTD Framework Program (European Union).
– 05/2010 – 04/2013 (NSF Ecology Panel Award 0743365, $312,736). Niche and neutral controls over coexistence in a serpentine annual community. PI: Jonathan M. Levine. Funded by the National Science Foundation (USA).
– 04/2009 – 01/2013 (S2009/AMB-1783, €430,000). Restoration and conservation of ecosystems in Madrid: answers to global change (REMEDINAL). PI: Adrián Escudero. Funded by the Regional Government of Madrid.